Zukuka Bora Season Review 2019-20
Wow, so another season has passed. Starting, as always, with huge anticipation, and then finishing with unprecedented challenges as we found the world a very different place.
Despite the challenges we’ve actually experienced our most successful season yet! Excluding our trial season back in 2015/16, this was our 4th season of operation. How time has flown!
As we look back on the season just gone, we’re excited to report BIG changes:
- 150 tons of coffee cherry bought and processed – up from 100 tons in 18/19
- 1,000+ farmers delivering fantastic coffee and receiving better prices and bonuses – up from 600 in 18/19
- 100+ people gaining meaningful employment during the harvest season – up from 55 in
- New micro-processing sites established in new areas of Mt Elgon
- New partnerships and markets, including an exciting development in Korea
- Strengthening of established partnerships with an increase in coffee orders being delivered
- Acquiring our own export license giving us the freedom to ship when and where we - and
our buyers - need.
- New skills being learned - and new jobs being created - through our in-country roasting
project. We’re now exporting our roasted coffee internationally for the first time!